Beef Ularthiyathu is a delicious and spicy non vegetarian dish of the Keralites. Learn how to make Spicy Beef Roast or Beef Ularthiyathu
- Beef – ½ kg
- Onion – 1 big, sliced finely
- Small onion – ½ – ¾ cup, sliced
- Chili powder – ½ tbsp
- Coriander powder – 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger & garlic – ½ – 1 tbsp, crushed
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Aniseeds/fennel – ½ – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Cloves – 4-5
- Star anis – 2
- Garam Masala – ½ – 1 tsp (optional)
- Bite size coconut pieces (thengakothu) – ¼ – ½ cup
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Powder aniseed, cinnamon, cloves and star anis and keep aside.
- Combine the powdered spices, ginger garlic, small onion, bite size coconut pieces,chilli, coriander and turmeric powder, vinegar, salt, curry leaves & beef.
- Make sure that beef is marinated well with the spices.
- Pressure cook the marinated beef till it is done. Dont add water while cooking, but if you want you can add 2-3 tbsp of water. If there is any water left, after pressure cooking, cook till the water is dried.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions, till it becomes golden brown. Add the cooked beef & curry leaves. If you want you can sprinkle garam masala at this stage. Mix well. Stir over a low flame, till it is roasted well.
- Serve with rice or chapathi, appam etc;