The Government of Kerala is aware of the need and importance of Information Technology for the development of the state. Hence, they are deeply committed for spreading this for economic growth and increasing the productivity, speed and transparency in governance. This in turn helps to improve the quality of life of the common people.
Kerala State Information Technology Mission (KSITM) is an IT implementation agency for the Department of Information Technology, Government of Kerala. It provides managerial support to the different initiatives of the Department. It includes a team of professionals from the industry as well as the Government with a Director. The Governing body of KSITM is chaired IT Minister. The Department of Information technology is supported by KSITM.
The main objectives of KSITM include
- To interface between the government and the industries
- To interact with the investors
- To strengthen the IT industry
- To conduct promotional campaigns for hard selling the state
- To develop the human resource for IT industries
- To advise the government on any IT related issues
The major IT parks in Kerala includes Technopark, Infopark, Cyberpark etc. There are various private IT parks as well such as Smart City, L&T Park etc.