Kadachakka Mezhukkupuratti or Bread Fruit Stir Fry is a delicious dish prepared with Jackfruit. Learn how to prepare using Kadachakka
- Bread Fruit / Kadachakka – 1
- Turmeric Powder – One pinch.
- Shallots/ Ulli – 15
- Curry leaves – 3 Strings.
- Crushed red chili – 1 Tsp.
- Coconut Oil – 1 ½ Tbsp.
- Water – ¼ Cup.
- Peel and cut the bread fruit into small pieces.
- Put these pieces into salt water, otherwise there is a chance of changing its color.
- Wash these pieces into salt water; otherwise there is a chance of changing its powder.
- One whistle is enough…No need to wait for the pressure to settle down, otherwise it will be overcooked.
- Pour water on the cooker and open it. Check whether it’s cooked properly, otherwise close the cooker and keep aside for 5 more minutes.
- Now crush shallots and dry chilli together
- Heat oil in a kadai and sauté this chilli-shallot mix along with curry leaves till the raw smell goes.
- Now add cooked breadfruit into this and mix slowly till all pieces are well coated with the chilli shallot mix.
- So easy and simple but yummy nadan kadachakka mezhuku is ready to serve