Karimeen or Pearl Spot Fish is a very tasty fish popular in South Kerala. Learn how to prepare spicy Karimeen Fry.
- Cleaned Karimeen – whole 2 pieces
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Small onions/ Shallots – 5 Nos
- Garlic -3 pods
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Curryleaves – 3 leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Mix Red Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Pepper powder,Red small onions,Garlic, Lemon Juice, and salt and grind to make a paste.
- Marinate the cleaned karimeen with the paste.
- Keep the marinated fish in refrigerator for ½ hour so that we will get the taste of paste in the flesh which makes the fish much tastier.
- Heat a frying pan & add 3tbsp of oil.
- Place the marinated fish & deep fry both the sides till brown in color.
- Remove it to a plate wrapped with paper towel. Serve hot with rice