Pavakka Mezhukkupuratti is a tasty side dish prepared in Kerala which is served with rice. Learn how to prepare Pavakka Mezhukkupuratti
- Bitter gourd : 2 nos /250 grms (medium sized)
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- Garlic : 5-8 cloves (crushed)
- Shallots /Small Red Onions : 6-8 nos (thinly sliced)
- Crushed Red Chilli Flakes : 11/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves :1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil : 11/2 tbsp
- Slice the bitter gourd into half length wise as thin as you can get.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add sliced shallots,crushed garlic, curry leaves and saute till light brown in color.
- Add crushed red chilli flakes, turmeric powder, salt and mix.
- Add sliced bitter gourd and combine well with the masala.
- Reduce heat to a very low fire and cover and cook the bitter gourd (give a stir in between).
- Add remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil and fry till light brown in colour.
- Pavakka /Kaypakka Mezhukkupuratti is ready to serve. Serve with rice as side dish.