Fish Molee is a variety of fish curry popular in Kerala made with coconut milk. Learn how to make traditional and delicious Fish moli
- Pomphret, Pearl Spot, Mullet or Seer fish – 1/2 Kg
- Onion – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Ginger – 2 inches (sliced)
- Garlic – 10 to 12 cloves (sliced)
- Green chillies – 2 or 3 split into two
For Masala Paste
- Coriander powder – 2½ tsp
- Fenugreek powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Clean the fish well and marinate it with a little salt, turmeric and pepper for 15-30 minutes. Shallow-fry and keep it aside.
- Splutter a teaspoon of mustard seeds in three to four tablespoons of oil and saute the chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- When the onion becomes transparent, add a sliced tomato.
- Saute again and then add the masala paste.
- Stir till you get a roasted smell. Then add two to three cups of thin coconut milk (the second extract of one coconut) and add salt to taste.
- Add the shallow-fried fish when the coconut milk boils. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then add the first extract of coconut milk (thick coconut milk). (For thicker gravy, add two teaspoons of corn flour diluted in water).
- Allow a minute’s boiling and remove from the fire. Put some fresh coriander leaves on top.