Ghee Mysore Pak is a popular sweet of the South Indians which is very delicious and yummy. Learn how to prepare tasty Ghee Mysore Pak.
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 and 3/4 cups + 1 tbsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup(for sugar syrup)
- Heat ghee and add 1 tbsp of hot ghee to the besan flour. Mix it and it will look like breadcrumbs now, set aside.
- Add water to sugar and boil it till one string consistency is reached.At this stage sprinkle the besan flour little by little, keep stirring to avoid lumps.In parallel mix oil + ghee and heat it up, keep it ready.
- Keep adding the flour little by little and keep stirring till the flour is well blended with the flour but all this should be done quickly. Pour ghee + oil mixture little by little and keep stirring.Ghee gets absorbed quickly so and it forms a thick mass and forms frothy.
- Then it forms a slightly porous texture leaving out ghee at the sides(even if it does not leave out ghee switch it off once it reaches the texture). Immediately transfer the mixture to the greased plate and pat it well with a spoon or a flat laddle. When it is still warm mark pieces, cool down and store in an airtight container.