Sweet Potato Curry is a sweet curry prepared with Sweet Potato and coconut milk. Learn how to prepare Sweet Potato Curry
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into small cubes;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 1 tbsp coriander powder;
- 1 tsp garam masala;
- ½ tsp (or as per taste) red chilli powder or black pepper;
- 2 dried red chillies;
- ½ tsp mustard seeds;
- few curry leaves;
- 1 cup of water;
- 1 cup coconut milk;
- oil (I used coconut oil);
- salt as per taste.
- In a deep pan heat some oil. Add onion and stir fry until golden brown. Add garam masala, red chilli powder and coriander powder and fry for a minute.
- Add sweet potatoes, mix well and stir fry for 5 minutes, on medium flame.
- Now add a cup of water, bring to boil then lower the flame and let it simmer covered until the sweet potato gets cooked.
- Once the sweet potato is nicely soft and cooked, add coconut milk and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Into a frying pan heat some oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and dried red chillies. Fry for a minutes then take it away from the flame and pour it over the creamy curry soup.