Vegetable Samosa is a spicy and tasty tea time snack popular in whole of India. Learn how to make samosa using home made samosa sheets.
For the Dough
- All purpose flour -1cup
- Ghee – 1tbspn
- Cold water to knead
- Salt to taste
- Carrot Grated – 1/2cup
- Cauliflower – 1/2cup
- Potatoes boiled – 1/2cup
- Green peas boiled – 1/2cup
- Onion chopped – 1cup
- Ginger Paste – 1Tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1Tsp
- Green chily chopped – 4 Numbers
- Garam masala – 1/2Tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4Tsp
- Chilly Powder – 1Tsp
- Oil – 2Tbspn
- Coriander leaves – 1Hand full
- Curry leaves – 1Sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry – 1Cup
To make Vegatable Masala
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilly, onion and some salt. Saute it well until the onion becomes transparent.
- Then add carrot, cauliflower, cooked potato, cooked green peas. Saute it for some more time.
- Then add turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Sauté a while.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves, mix well and switch of the flame. Now our masala is ready.
To make Gum
Take 2 Tbspn of all purpose flour in a bowl. Add salt. Pour some water and make it to consistency of gum. Keep it for 30 minutes.
To make Samosa Sheet
- Take a bowl, Mix all purpose flour and salt. Then add ghee and rub into it.
- Add water little by little and knead into a stiff dough. Allow the dough to rest for 15 minutes.
- Knead it again, take small portion of dough and Shape it into smooth balls. Roll the balls into thin rounds. Make thin sheets ( chappathies).
- Heat a pan and heat each side of chappathi, allow to dry it. Don’t allow it to cook.
- Cut both edges of the sheet ( Chappathi) Make it to 2 equal lengthy sheets.
- Take one sheet, and make a cone. Fill the cone with filling, and seal it by using all purpose flour ( maida) gum.
Frying of Samosa
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry all samosas. Deep fry until the samosa are golden brown color and crispy. Fry samosa s in a medium flame. Transfer it to kitchen tissue.
- Serve hot with chilly or tomato sauce.